Epic Healthy Planet & Campaigns Application Technical Lead - Technology Expert (9976) - DPH
- 1001 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
- Fill Type: Permanent Exempt
- Work Hours: Regular
- Job Code and Title: 9976-Technology Expert I
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is accepting applications for one Permanent Exempt CAT 12 position in the Epic Healthy Planet & Campaigns Application Technical Lead - Technology Expert (9976) job class.
- First, Submit your application, click "I'm Interested" or "Apply Now"
- Next, Look for a confirmation email (see HOW TO APPLY below for details)
- Announcement Reopened: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Application Opening: Wednesday, May 18, 2022;
- Application Deadline: To be determined, but not before Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- Compensation: $68.5750-$86.2500 Hourly / $5,486.00-$6,900.00 Bi-Weekly / $142,636.00-$179,400.00 Yearly.
- Recruitment ID: PEX-9976-122346
The Mission of SFDPH is to protect and promote the health of all San Franciscans. SFDPH strives to achieve its mission through the work of two main Divisions - the San Francisco Health Network and Population Health.
The San Francisco Health Network is the City's only complete system of care and has locations throughout the City, including Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, and over 15 primary care health centers.
Type of Appointment: This is a Permanent Exempt (PEX) appointment. In accordance with San Francisco Charter Section 10.104, exempt employees serve at the discretion of the appointing authority. Exempt employees are considered "at-will."
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit careers.sf.gov and begin the application process.
Select the “I’m Interested” button and follow instructions on the screen.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this recruitment and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up to date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdph.org, @smartalerts.info, and @smartrecruiters.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
DPH statement of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Department of Public Health prioritizes equitable and inclusive access to quality healthcare for its community and values the diversity of its workforce. All employees are required to participate in the Department of Public Health's work to advance equity, inclusion, and diversity through:
- Commitment to providing exceptional care and services to all residents of the City and County of San Francisco service population, with heightened awareness of responsiveness to racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse members of the service population and the DPH workforce.
- Desire and commitment to lead and participate in anti-racism, racial justice, and equity work that improves quality of patient care and employee experiences; along with the commitment and fortitude to drive change in these areas.
- Desire to work with, relate to, serve, and support a diverse service population and workforce.
- Commitment to health equity with a specific lens and focus on race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexuality, disability, and immigration status.
The essential functions of a Epic Healthy Planet & Campaigns Application Technical Lead - Technology Expert (9976) include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct ongoing guidance and/or supervision to other IS Business Analysts or serves as the top application authority for one or more related application modules or systems.
- Supports the design, build, implementation, and optimization of the Epic enterprise Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- Collects information from departments, clinicians, health workers, vendors, and internal and external customers regarding electronic system development, implementation, issues, recommendations, and utilization of best practices.
- Translates functional requirements into application builds.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse set of clients; establishes and maintain good working relations with department personnel, staff, vendors, peers, and management.
- Maintains all system configuration and build parameters for application modules.
- Uses logic and analysis to solve computer and application module problems.
- Exercises judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in an environment subject to frequent change.
- Prepares test plans, documentation, and training materials; work with venders to prepare technical specifications and scopes of work.
- Prioritizes competing requests for services.
- Application module optimization in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Manages critical timelines effectively.
- Manages communication between applications.
- Application/module implementation and testing.
- Documents work and adheres to change control procedures.
- Maintains and updates Service Now, Orion, Sherlock, Nova, and/or other Epic build trackers or Epic project plans.
The 9976 Epic Healthy Planet & Campaigns Application Technical Lead - Technology Expert also performs other duties as required.
More detailed Job Description: Click Here
- EDUCATION: An associate degree or above from an accredited college or university, OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units; AND
- EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of experience in system administration, information systems development, maintenance and support, or information technology project management, including two (2) years of supervisory experience. Additionally, five (5) years of these experience should be in the area of Epic Healthy Planet or supporting Epic applications; AND
- CERTIFICATION: Epic Certification or Proficiency in Epic Healthy Planet.
One year of full-time employment is equivalent to 2,000 hours of work experience (2,000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week). Any overtime hours that you work above 40 hours a week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
Substitution: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Desirable Qualifications: The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience with full lifecycle of Epic implementation and/or Epic upgrade.
- Epic Certification or Proficiency in Epic Healthy Planet AND Epic Care Ambulatory.
- Knowledge of Lean fundamentals including, but not limited to, A3 thinking, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Background and knowledge of clinical workflows.
- Knowledge of core functions and processes of billing office.
- Knowledge of billing office's integration with other departments in the organization.
- Knowledge and comprehension of revenue cycle management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of flow diagramming applications and collaboration platforms, SharePoint.
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
All work experience, education, training, and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire (Weight: Qualifying): Applicants will be required to complete a Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire that will be emailed. Applicants will be required to respond to the MQSQ in the time frame indicated, and submit their answers as directed.
The selection procedure will include evaluation of the application packet in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates.
The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CityAndCountyOfSanFrancisco1/ .
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face‐fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face‐fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face‐fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit‐testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose‐fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a Face Fitting Respirator.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing: Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
Note on ICARE: Willingness to uphold/abide by ZSFG’s ICARE (I‐Introduce, C‐Connect, A‐Ask, R-Respond, E‐Exit) philosophy for employee and patient interactions.
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR) System: The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Additional information regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Diversity Statement
- Information about the Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Disaster Service Workers
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Copies of Application Documents
- Right to Work
- ADA Accommodation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Questions: Contact the analyst, Maggie Gonzalez Diaz at [email protected]
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: All City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Someone is fully vaccinated when 14 days have passed since they received the final dose of a two-shot vaccine or a dose of a one-shot vaccine. Any new hire must present proof of full vaccination status to be appointed. Any new hire who will be routinely assigned or occasionally enter High-Risk Settings, must provide proof of having received a COVID-19 booster vaccine by March 1, 2022, or once eligible.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.