Sr. Software Performance Engineer (remote / virtual)
- 301 W Bay St, Jacksonville, FL 32202, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL). Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
This position is responsible for testing, analyzing, monitoring and tuning the performance of all enterprise applications. This single person team member will be responsible to validate and assure the performance of Citizens Insurance Suite and other IT systems and be prepared to withstand high volume claims during any Catastrophe event. This position is also critical in validating the platform upgrades and major releases of Citizens Insurance Suite and other critical systems. This position is responsible to make sure Citizens IT applications are scaled up to handle intended user volumes and to ensure all system integrations are properly validated for performance during Cloud migrations.
This position requires an individual with a programming background, analytical abilities, large scale system design, communication, and multitasking skills to work in a collaborative environment towards resolving complex problems.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
- Lead and facilitate software performance requirements gathering meetings and estimate efforts based on empirical experience and proven methods
- Analyze architectural, navigational, and hardware design documents/diagrams for load/performance testing design execution
- Build complex simulators to simulate virtual users that match a real-life scenario to identify and help tune the enterprise applications for better performance
- Gain complete understanding of both infrastructure and enterprise technical architecture of systems under test with the ability to identify typical performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Identify, communicate and track performance issues to closure working in close collaboration with cross-functional development team including analysts and developers.
- Write and review performance test reports covering the results of testing activities and communicate test results and metrics to other IT system groups, business units and management
- Establish and champion Performance QA standards, procedures, and processes by staying abreast of the latest industry trends; develop road maps for Performance Testing Services
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the network connections and logs to troubleshoot any network issues during high volume load simulations or production issue triages.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, load balancing, session management and connection pooling to verify and tune the performance of the Application.
- Lead software performance requirements gathering meetings and estimate efforts based on empirical experience and proven methods.
- Design, create and maintain system load profiles (workload characterizations), including mathematical models used to predict system performance under stress.
- Generate performance graphs using tools like Diagnostics, SiteScope, Wily, Splunk etc.
- Work closely with development teams on the design and implementation of enhancements based on the tuning recommendations.
- Coordinate and prioritize all escalated activities, including testing, project management and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Perform performance deployment, design, and code inspections, build custom tracers for post-production monitoring of enterprise systems
- Frequent interaction with the business to integrate knowledge of the business and functional priorities
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science/Information Technology or related field) OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
- 6 or more years’ experience working in QA performance-based testing in an enterprise-level web-based environment
- 4 years multi-tiered web-based application performance testing using Microfocus Performance Center & LoadRunner or similar
- Experience with application & system monitoring solutions such as CA Wily Introscope, Windows PerfMon, SQL Server Profiler, Amazon Cloud watch, Oracle SOA monitoring, Azure App Insights (Setup, customization and maintenance experience strongly preferred)
- 3 years of exp. with Java Profilers and App. Performance management toolset.
- 6 or more years of experience in System design, Performance Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering including Availability, Latency, Performance, Efficiency, Change Management, Monitoring, Emergency response and Capacity Planning services.
- Expert in Performance Testing, Tuning and Scripting using Performance Center and JMeter with exposure to various protocols (Http/HTML/ Ajax, Tru client, Citrix, Java over Http, Truclient Mobile, RTE, WebServices, etc.)
- Experience in setting up monitoring tool such as Wily, Dynatrace, HTTP Watch, Fiddler, IE/Chrome developer tools, Diagnostics management and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Strong understanding of the monitoring solutions and KPIs used to determine availability and performance of the technology stacks of the following: Web (Apache), Application (JBOSS or WebLogic or WebSphere), Database (SQL or DB2), Load Balancers (F5), SOA/Middleware (Oracle SOA suite or mule soft).
- Ability to support performance design patterns, architecture reviews, capacity planning, code profiling, and root cause analysis
- Guidewire performance analysis experience is preferred
- C, Java development experience is strongly preferred
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.