SIU Investigator III (Tampa)
- N Tampa St, Tampa, FL, USA
A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company.
If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
Winner of the 2017 WorldatWork Seal of Distinction, one of only seven companies throughout Florida to receive this award, Citizens is a diverse team of professionals helping people and communities throughout Florida.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential – they exceed it.
So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected – at Citizens.
These financial responsibilities drive Citizens’ Special Investigations Unit’s (SIU) commitment to finding ways to more quickly identify and more effectively fight insurance fraud. In order to do this, Citizens’ SIU is committed to building the strongest, most innovative and most talented investigative and analytical teams. This requires that we recruit high achievers who thrive in an environment that emphasizes individuality, respect, growth, and ownership, and where the best ideas—even if new or untried—are the ones that make it to the top. As a part of the Citizens’ SIU team, you will be recognized and rewarded for your talents and outstanding performance, dedication, and loyalty.
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation’s SIU is currently looking for an Investigator III to work in our Major Case Unit (MCU). The MCU handles complex investigations which often involve organized and ring activity and some or all aspects of insurance operations, including: claims, underwriting, vendor relations, and agent services investigations. MCU investigators operate with minimal oversight, are supported remotely by the analytics and research teams, and work closely with law enforcement in support of their pursuit of insurance fraud prosecution. The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter with strong investigative experience and property claims experience who will thrive in an innovative, collaborative environment. The position is located in the Tampa market, with a home-based office; daily travel is required with limited overnight travel.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
• Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies
• Gather and evaluate data from multiple internal and external sources to identify and investigates potential fraudulent insurance acts involving Citizens policies.
• Prioritize assignments, conduct necessary field interviews, and exercise independent judgment, initiative and decision making when developing and following investigative leads.
• Analyze and interpret complex and voluminous evidence and convey highly technical information effectively to others.
• Prepare and submit detailed investigative reports as necessary and make investigative recommendations in accordance with all applicable fraud statutes, case law and the policy contract.
• Maintain communication with claims personnel, policyholders, and defense attorneys throughout investigative process.
• Coordinate and attend Examinations Under Oath.
• Educate internal and external business partners (claims operations, internal adjusters, and underwriting staff) on ways to identify potential fraudulent activity that may require further investigation.
• Mentor new SIU staff.
• Attend legal proceedings, as required.
• Coordinate with law enforcement / Department of Insurance Fraud as required by law.
• Develop network of resources within the community (e.g., local fraud bureaus, district attorney offices, law enforcement agencies, insurance associations, professional associations, and community groups).
• Keep current on industry activities and trends.
• Assist SIU Management with file audits and serve as technical expert on developing best practices
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage a high volume of assignments in an expansive territory.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Knowledgeable of the high degree of integrity and confidentiality required handling information that is considered personal and confidential.
• High degree of knowledge and skills related to the investigation and defense of property claims.
• Strong organizational and time management skills / Self Motivated.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Conflict management skills to deal with crisis situations, hostile witnesses, etc.
• Strong investigative skills (Advanced knowledge of interview and evidence gathering techniques).
• Valid Florida driver’s license
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to position related field OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years.
• Six (6) or more years combined professional claims experience in property/casualty, SIU / Investigative experience.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Seven (7) or more years combined professional claims experience in property/casualty, SIU / Investigative experience.
• Three (3) year’s experience handling large property losses.
• Knowledge in policy language and residential construction.
• CIFI (Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator).
• FCLA (Fraud Claims Law Associate).
• FCLS, (Fraud Claims Law Specialist).
• Previous investigative experience using a global approach to research organized activity, which includes more than one party.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
This position requires the ability to conduct field work on a regular basis and be able to work a flexible schedule. Ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer for long periods of time (4 or more hours per day). Position also requires the ability to be mobile, operate a motor vehicle, inspect physical damage and work in a highly energetic and flexible work environment. Position also requires ability to travel overnight on a limited basis.
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
Retirement savings plan with an 8 percent company match
Medical, dental and group life insurance
Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
Professional and leadership development opportunities
Flexible work schedule
On-site wellness activities
Employee recognition programs
Relocation assistance (where applicable)
Community and volunteering opportunities
Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.