IT User Support Specialist
- Maryland, Maryland, MD, United States
Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile application development, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Delivering Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-company culture, where successful team effort to address external and internal customer challenges is valued above all individual contributions.
- Single point of contact for user support and IT administration for 30 scientists and researchers
- Perform Tier 1 and 2 level support for staff onsite with reach back support to a technical team at headquarters in DC.
- Interact with customers to resolve their IT issues and service requests.
- Define and log service tickets in a MS Windows environment with some iOS.
- Leverage reporting tools such as Service Now; Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Solar winds.
- Identify, respond to, troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Clearance Requirement: Applicants must possess an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain suitability for DHS and a Top Secret Clearance to be eligible for this position.
- The candidate must have 4+ years of IT experience Education: Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a computer systems related field.
- Excellent organization skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills, and a can do attitude with a customer focus to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills (in person, email and over the phone).
- Experience working on email (Outlook, OWA, O365) and office communications, i.e. Skype, troubleshooting both client side services.
- Experience keeping IT equipment and IT services running, including troubleshooting and fixing IT issues such as operating system, active directory, and hardware issues such as workstations, laptops, servers, and appliances;
- Experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and file and print servers.
- Experience supporting the Apple suite of products, such as: Iphone, IPAD, etc.
- Certification: MCSA OR MCSE.
- An understanding of troubleshooting issues and systems including: hardware (desktop computers, laptops), software (Microsoft OS, Outlook, Office, virus protection, PKI/CAC) in an Enterprise environment (AD, DHCP, DNS, file storage, print servers, LAN/WAN network troubleshooting (VPN, Cisco).
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.