Licensed Massage Therapist
- Orlando, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Location: Will be working in 2 locations- Downtown Orlando and Altamonte Springs
Pay Rate: $20/hr
Job Type: 1 year contract to possible extension or perm
Shift: Mostly M-F starting at 11:30am; can change depending on the need of the business; might include weekends; cover others shift as needed.
HIRING MANAGER'S NOTES:
- Requirements: Florida Department of Health - LMT Licensed Massage Therapist
- Dress Code: closed-toed shoes/all black scrubs
- Must be a team player, get along well with others, friendly, helpful, strong work ethic, self-sufficient, and willing to do back-to-back massages during their shift.
- Interviews: 1st round will be in person; 2nd round will be a demo/skills assessment
- **Must provide vaccination records before hire**: Hepatitis B - Mumps - Rubella - Rubeola - TB Screening (within the year) - TDAP - Varicella
The Massage Therapist will provide treatments to customers or patients. The position will maintain a clean and functional work environment. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets up and breaks down work area at the start/end of each shift
• Cleans and maintains equipment, tools, and treatment areas daily. Communicates with manager when supplies or tools are needed
• Maintains up-to-date industry knowledge and skills
• Learns to use/operate and understands products, tools, and equipment used in daily responsibilities
• Provides massage services at other company campuses/departments /events, as applicable
• May provide direct and indirect massage services to specific age groups in the outpatient sports medicine and rehab setting.
• May perform evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. May establish, implement and adapt an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). May discharge patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payor guidelines.
• May charge patients accurately and timely according to insurance guidelines
• Provides appropriate documentation when necessary
• Maintains area specific productivity standards and when available market the massage program in the hospital, the community and medical personnel as indicated.
• Promotes spa services at events both on and off site as needed, as applicable
• Recommends retail product to clients and facilitates the sale of that product with the front desk staff, as applicable
• Provides the highest level of customer services and professionalism in all contacts
• Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
•Up to date with industry standards and techniques
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
•High School Grad or Equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• One year providing massage therapy in a licensed environment
• Two years providing massage therapy in a hospital based and/or sports medicine environment.
• Experience in medical massage, neuromuscular, myofascial, reflexology, sports massage, prenatal massage
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
• Licensed Massage Therapist
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Dual License
• Nationally certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCTMB)
• Specialty certification in at least 1 area of massage
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.