Medical Credentialing Coordinator
- Winter Park, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Job Type: REMOTE or IN-OFFICE; Contract to possible perm
Shift: M-F 8am-5pm
Hiring Manager Notes:
- Must have 1-2 years of credentialing experience
- MSOW platform/software knowledge preferred
- The position is remote, but they can go into the office if they would like.
- If working remotely - must have their own WIFI and designated workspace
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in 111aintaining
- relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Manages the reappointment process of all members of the medical staff, including updates to credentialing database and privileges.
- Manages alignment and reinstatement process for medical staff appointees; manages additional privileges for Allied Health Professionals.
- Manage s the Expirables Process by maintaining current documentation in the database.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes Medical Staff Reappointments and Allied Health Renewals as scheduled on approved schedule and as outlined in bylaws and department rules and regulations, including issuing of application packets, gathering of all required information, verifications, reviewing and assessing compliance, through completion of Board approval prior to the expiration of each individual's reappointment period.
- Assists department chairmen in reviewing applications in conformance with bylaws and department regulations in preparation for presentation Credentials Committee, or System Allied Health Committee and gathers all additional requested infom1ation.
- Perfom1s recredentialing and verification of other entity providers for whom delegated credentialing is provided, in accordance with said entities' policies, and within their required deadlines on the same schedule as the medical staff as far as possible.
- Coordinates the alignment process of new medical staff members and Allied Health professionals by monitoring on a monthly basis those members whose Primary Department is being recredentialed.
- Gathers all required reports, information, verifications, and obtains review by department chainnan for submittal to Medical Executive committee.
- Process requests for reinstatement of Medical Staff member and Allied Health professionals by generating necessary application required timeframe.
- Upon return of the application, gathers all required documentation and verifications, including department chairman review and Credentials Committee.
- Expirables - Manages expired license such as licensure, DEA certification, Board Certification, financial responsibility/malpractice insurance, life support certification, and others as may be determined for Medical Staff members and Allied Health Professionals on a monthly basis according to the Credentialing Policy, the System Allied Health Policy, and standard operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:-
- Proficiency in oral and written English Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds and professional levels Intermediate level computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook Ability to work independently and prioritize projects
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written Excellent critical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under stress and deadlines
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL PREFERRED:
- Medical Terminology
- Understanding of credentialing principles and regulatory standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in business or healthcare administration, OR
- Minimum of two (2) years professional secretarial or administrative experience
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare administration Experience in Credentialing or a Medical Staff Services office. Experience with credentialing software
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS), or
- Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSl\1).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.