Certified Medical Assistant
- Lenexa, KS, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Pay: $14- $16.70
Job type: contract to possible extension
Local Hospital Group is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join their team
- The Medical Assistant functions under the supervision of the Nurse Manager providing clinical and clerical services, including rooming patients, assisting with exams and procedures, performing waived lab tests, and administering medications.
- Participates in the education of resident physicians. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Vital signs
- Body substance isolation
- Specimen collection
- Basic Life Support
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Phone skills and etiquette
- Organizational skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Current clinical experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Physician office experience
- Medication administration
- Graduate from a medical assistant program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Medical Assistant certification/registration from one of the following:
- American Registry of Medical Assistants
- National Center for Competency Testing
- American Medical Technologists
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Healthcareer Association
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organizations
- Performance Excellence Program.
- Fills various clinical positions as assigned within scope of certification/registration.
- Floats to like positions at other Graduate Medical Education offices when assigned.
- Monitors physician schedule organizes patient care by having the patient prepared and ready on time for the physician visit.
- Rooms patients including vital signs, reason for visit, patient history, allergies, and completes appropriate documentation, following nursing protocols.
- Assists the physician with examination and procedures that he/she performs. Maintains open communication to assure quality care.
- Competent to give medications independently by 3-month evaluation; maintains competency as demonstrated by passing medication quiz and monitoring of the Nurse Manager.
- Regularly audits ordered tests to insure that results are received and followed up in a timely manner to insure quality health care.
- Monitors appropriate level of nursing supplies and proper functioning and maintenance of instruments and equipment, and reports needs to Nurse Manager.
- Works well within the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives
If hired must complete:
- Background Check –
- Drug Screening - Health & Background Screening Attestation –
- BARE Facts Assessment and Test - Florida Orientation Packet
Job Type: Contract to possible extension
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.