Water Plant Maintenance Technician
- The Villages, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Job Type: Contract to possible extension
Pay rate: $14-$15/hr
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1.5 years experience in water utility operations, plumbing, or heavy equipment operation (i.e. backhoe, trackhoe and loaders).:
- Possess a Valid Florida Driver's License
- Posses a commercial driver's license from another State converted to Florida within 1 month
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Perform tasks in the preventive maintenance of water distribution equipment to include, but not limited to, pipe, valves, hydrants, main line flushing. Perform fire flow and pressure tests and maintains corrosion protection of water lines and valves. Locate utility lines from drawings and maps.
- Perform work in assembling, laying and aligning water distribution service lines. Assist in excavating and backfilling sidewalks, streets and trenches. Expose mains and lines following safe dig practices. Install and remove trench shoring. Cut mains, lines and pipes, thread and bend pipes and caulk joints.
- Utilize hand and power tools and equipment including, but not limited to: pavement breakers, jackhammers, earth tampers.
- Make customer contact concerning required repairs/service/complaints.
- Inspect water meters to verify that the meter is reading accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operational characteristics of water production, treatment and distribution systems
- Principles and practices of water treatment system maintenance and repair and water distribution line maintenance
- Methods and techniques used in locating water mains and turning off water service
- Methods and techniques used in the maintenance and repair of water distribution systems
- Water distribution system lay out, hydraulics and operational characteristics
- Operational characteristics of a variety of maintenance equipment, tools, and vehicles
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices 8. Department policies and procedures
- Perform routine water distribution maintenance tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.