Laboratory Research Assistant
- Orlando, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
3 positions needed: Princeton Street Orlando, Lake Under hill Orlando, Hilda St Kissimmee
Shift: 12 hour Shift; 7am-7pm; Sunday-Friday; 40 hours
Pay rate: $19- $21.65
The Laboratory Research Assistant performs a variety of duties involved in the processing and analysis of clinical research specimens and data, with emphasis on assisting in the development and oversight of the Molecular and Cell Culture Cores of the laboratory. Work customarily involves practical knowledge in clinical research specimen collection, processing, and analysis, as well as application of specialized knowledge in the areas of molecular and protein assay development and optimization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts daily oversight of operations in the Molecular and Cell Culture Cores of the laboratory. Assists in developing and maintaining appropriate biospecimen processing, analysis, and quality control procedures, and monitors the supply inventory and instrument maintenance associated with the assigned Core areas.
• Regularly monitors and evaluates processes and reports any needed changes/improvements to the Core Manager – Lab Services in response to continuing research protocol development.
• Performs pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical activities related to the molecular and cell culture cores, including oversight of nucleic acid and protein extraction procedures, and performance and evaluation of related biospecimen quality control metrics.
• Assists in clinical tissue acquisition procedures, and processes tissue for histological evaluation, stem cell isolation, preparation, management, and maintenance of cell lines; cryopreservation, and storage of cells and tissue into liquid nitrogen and ultra-low temperature units.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related field; AND
• 2+ years of experience in a clinical research, biopharmaceutical, or basic science laboratory setting appropriate to department work assigned; OR
• Associates Degree’s Degree in Biological Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related field; AND
• 4+ years of experience in a clinical research, biopharmaceutical, or basic science laboratory setting appropriate to department work assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in a field of cell-based research (ie. molecular, drug discovery), including extensive work with nucleic acid and protein analyses.
• Experience with cell culture and aseptic technique.
• Experience with implementing quality assurance measures and interpreting quality control data.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $19.00 - $21.65 per hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.