- Orlando, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
The Laundry Assistant II places soiled linen on the conveyor and sorts soiled linen. Operates small washers and dryers, and oversees the flow of clean linen from the presses into sling bags. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Bi-lingual - English required/basic Spanish verbal and written communication skills preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Meets linen production standards set by Florida Hospital Laundry, operating all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring proper settings for each type of linen.
- Keys in proper codes on the computer to ensure that all customers codes and goods are stored. Monitors the operation of the machines to ensure that the pre-programmed sequence for selecting the soiled linen is operating properly.
- Utilizes PPE. Dumps soiled linen onto the conveyor at a constant speed. Sorts soiled linen from different accounts into respective classifications. Looks for and removes foreign objects from linen, including OR instruments, needles, trash, etc.; places objects in designated location.
- Uses hard hat when operating manual lift. Loads small washers by hand, entering the proper code and formula to start washers. Unloads clean linen from washers into baskets, delivering baskets to proper location.
- Checks dryer display for type of load. Loads properly-sized load into dryers, setting the appropriate time, temperature, and cool-down period.
- Responds to press alarm in a timely manner, notifying Laundry Mechanic of issues with the press.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including floors and waste containers.
- May complete daily performance tickets and records.
- May be assigned to work as a Laundry Assistant I.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Pay Rate: $10.45 per hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.