Linen Service Specialist
- Kissimmee, FL, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Shift: 8am- 4:30 pm
Pay Rate: $11/hr
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Linen Service Specialist restocks, inspects, and transports clean linen carts throughout the Hospital facilities on a daily basis. Collects soiled linen from specific soiled linen storage areas and places them in the designated location in preparation for shipment to the Laundry as per schedule. Adheres to all policies and procedures including proper appearance set by Florida Hospital and the laundry department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, write, communicate and understand instructions given in English
• Ability to count quickly and accurately
• Basic computer skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospitals core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
• Restocks all linen carts on assigned route and within the assigned time frame, using only approved linen distribution equipment and accurately counting linen items and entering all data into linen management software as required. Assesses areas of assignment and makes suggestions for improvement.
• Removes all foreign items and linen from carts that are in unacceptable condition, such as torn, unfolded, or soiled. Checks for and changes reject linen bags and ensures that an adequate supply of soiled linen bag boxes are always available in each linen cart. Straightens remaining linen in preparation for restocking.
• Patrols work area: picks up strings and dropped linen placing it in proper containers. Delivers empty linen carts to designated areas.
• Reports to supervisor any linen shortage and/or issues as requested or pointed by clinical staff or hospital management.
• Collects and handles soiled linen bags and delivers them to designated areas in a timely and professional manner when assigned.
• Maneuvers large bins and/or linen carts in a safe and professional manner.
• Adjusts to staff shortages and covers other assigned areas and/or campuses while maintaining high standards set by department team members and Florida Hospital.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.