- Groton, CT, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Skilled electrician needed for engineering company!
This is for 2nd shift 2pm – 10pm
The Electrical Technician possesses the following knowledge: understands complex electrical AC/DC theory; the ability to read and follow electrical drawings and schematics; excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude; the ability to locate and identify advanced electrical components in installed systems; the ability to input time into computer maintenance management systems and navigate to all fields that are applicable; willingly perform other duties as directed by the section’s supervisor.
The position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Specific Maintenance Technician Title, Grade and Qualifications:
Advanced-level position with 5 to 10 years of related experience and technical training in specialized areas of industrial or commercial electrical work in a manufacturing environment. Working independently performs complex duties of a specialized nature, frequently requiring independent analysis and decision-making.
Performs troubleshooting and repairs. Expected to implement standard trade practices consistent with the National Electrical Code (NEC). Often responsible for operations, inspections and repair of equipment and systems, and implementation of corrective actions. NFPA 70E, Standards for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, training is desirable.
•Adhere to all site standards for safety, quality, housekeeping and security
• Works as a skilled craftsman, performing complex trouble-shooting and repairs on all types of industrial equipment.
• Operate standard electrical testing equipment including voltage tester, multi-meter, megger, and circuit tracer. Including remote monitoring for troubleshooting in a “no-hot work environment”.
• Works on a wide variety of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
• Work documented as per workflow management process, including use of a CMMS platform.
• Implement standard trade practices and procedures coexistent with proper safety precautions, to produce quality workmanship, commensurate with that of a journeyman electrician skilled in areas such as electricity and electronics and other assigned areas.
• Read and understand blueprints and/or schematic diagrams.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Trade school, apprenticeship or equivalent
• Five (5) to ten (10) years industrial and/or commercial electrical experience
• Varied electrical and mechanical production equipment experience• Broad understanding of electrical components and circuitry
• Knowledge of controls, discrete and PLC.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and equipment drawings
• Possess an advanced working knowledge of single and three phase electricity
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $27.00 to $30.00 /hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.