- New Orleans, LA, USA
Here at CiNQ Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Shift: Shift two week rotation 8:30-5 & 10:30-7
Pay Rate: $17- $20/hr
Perform duties to review and interpret physician medication orders to ensure appropriate therapies and enter prescription data in preparation for Pharmacist verification. Attention to accuracy, regulatory compliance, and efficiency are critical to patient safety and care, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice in a fast-paced Specialty Pharmacy.
- Perform job assignments in full compliance and complete understanding of the State and Federal laws and internal policies and procedures governing the handling, dispensing and distribution of controlled substances.
- Communicating with all new patients informing them of prescription referral and welcoming them to KSP.
- Respond to inbound Pharmacy calls, demonstrating customer service excellence, and triage to appropriate clinician or department. Communicate with patients, prescribers’ offices, and associates with a focus on building and maintaining enduring business relationships to the benefit of the organization and its customers.
- Contact insurance companies or other payers to investigate coverage and benefits.
- Obtain patient’s medication drug list for DUR investigation.
- Adjudicating and reviewing prescription insurance claims of medications to be delivered to patients and providers.
- Provide administrative Pharmacy support as assigned and assist in the training of new associates in the Pharmacy
- Contact insurance companies or other payers to complete prior authorization requirements and identify co-pay structure.
- Provide information and respond to requests to assist to obtain co-pay cards or financial assistance for patients as applicable and indicated in information provided.
- Receive and stock inventory of medications in keeping with inventory storage organization system and regulatory and policy requirements. Contribute to periodic inventory process, counting, and recording drugs and supplies on hand
- Select drugs from stock, count, package and accurately label prescriptions for Pharmacist verification and shipment.
- Consistent focus and attention to detail resulting in superior accuracy.
- Exemplary communication skills, customer service, and customer relationship building skills; including listening, speaking, and writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Clear and consistently demonstrated understanding of healthcare protocols for privacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with pharmacy applications and in operating computer with knowledge of office software including MS Word and Excel (CPR+ and/or QS-1 preferred).
- May require demonstrated knowledge of medications utilized for therapy in the defined disease states served by the assigned pharmacy.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and additional specialized training in pharmacy/medical benefit access and requirements.
- Pharmacy Technician License in Louisiana
- Minimum 3 years as a Pharmacy Technician
- Experience with thorough Benefits Investigation
- At least one year of experience in healthcare customer service with knowledge of benefits access processes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.