- New Orleans, LA, USA
Here at Cinq Recruitment, we believe in finding the right fit, for you and our clients. Whether you seek long-term employment solutions for your business or your next career move, we understand the importance of individual and business needs. With over 30 years of successful staffing and recruiting experience, we excel at providing passive candidates with the right skills and cultural fit for specialized positions. Here is the opportunity to work with an exciting pharmaceutical company.
Under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician works in all areas of prescription processing and fulfillment including entering prescriptions into the pharmacy system, maintaining accurate patient records, verification of insurance benefits, filling and shipping of prescription and supply orders. The pharmacy technician is expected to have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment. Pharmacy technicians have a flexible work schedule; working in different areas of the pharmacy daily to support the activities of the pharmacists.
Pay Rate: $15.00/HR+
- Call patients and doctors offices to clarify information on the prescriptions that they are receiving.
- Review all pertinent medical documentation from physicians, and other healthcare facilities.
- Assist pharmacist in with the retrieval of prescription files, patient files and profiles and other such records pertaining to the practice of pharmacy including data entry and label preparation.
- Counting, weighing, measuring, pouring and compounding of prescription medications or stock legend drugs and controlled substances, including the filling of an automated medication system.
- Initiate communication with a prescribing practitioner or their medical staff (or agent) regarding prescription refill authorization requests.
- Initiate communication to confirm the patient name, medication, strength, quantity, directions, and date of last refill.
- Initiate communication to a prescribing practitioner or their medical staff (or agents) to obtain clarification on missing or illegible dates, prescriber name, brand/generic preference, quantity, DEA registration number or license number.
- Accept authorization for a prescription renewal.
- Accurately select, compound and label the right medications for the right patients for the right date.
- Prepare parental/IV medications, Inventory, and ancillary supply restocking and checking of expiration dates.
- Monitor & record refrigerator temperatures to ensure appropriate drug storage.
- Perform aseptic/environmental cleaning and documentation.
- Prepares patient packages for shipping. Requires: proficiency in all duties and responsibilities of the shipping/warehouse.
- Inspects each package for correct items, missing items, broken items, and records any problems with the packaging.
- Assures that shipping information is double checked and then printed correctly on labels.
- Performs the loading and unloading of various stock items by lifting to and from shelves.
- Ensures all merchandise, supplies and shipping containers are restocked for warehouse/shipping.
- Ensures all prescriptions are packaged appropriately and shipped to the correct vendor and method.
- Maintains adherence to company policies and procedures, department requirements, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
- State registered pharmacy technician
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Detail Oriented
- Computer Literate
- Oral & Written Communication
- 2-3 years pharm tech experience
- Experience with high-volume processing of prescriptions – up to 30 new referrals, and a total of 250 scripts/day
- Customer Service: Ability to handle difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance and is able to meet commitments expected by the internal and external customer.
- Computer Skills: Must be technologically savvy with a multitude of equipment including, but not limited to: computers, fax machines, scanners, printers, etc. Should be comfortable with a number of operating systems and the Microsoft Office Package (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.