Hourly Amusement Electronics Technician - The Rec Room Barrie Park Place
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Electronics Technician – The Rec Room Barrie Park Place, reporting to the Technical Services Manager. This position will be based at our Barrie Park Place location at 8 North Village Way, Barrie, ON.
The Amusement Technician will conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics to ensure that The Rec Room gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Games Technician is accountable for the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming equipment. Although the games and associated equipment will be their primary responsibility, they may also be asked to maintain or repair other equipment within the building.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand and effectively follow all Rec Room values, policies and procedures.
- Execute the repair of gaming equipment.
- Execute preventative maintenance program for gaming machines.
- Perform necessary maintenance changes on gaming systems.
- Provide occasional guidance to the primary function of others, including training.
- Install supports, software and working ability of gaming equipment.
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate gaming systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics.
- Complete repairs to equipment, and all other services that the machine requires.
- Maintain, operate, and repair gaming systems and associated equipment.
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting customer satisfaction and operations.
- Respond effectively to all issues.
- Perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Adhere to all health and safety requirements by the organization.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum college diploma in Electronics or similar fields.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in related field.
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs
- Experience in diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- May be required to work outside of operating hours to support installations, deliveries, removal or repair of games with others.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, pipes and materials.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. hard-hat, safety boots.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to carry a small inventory of personal tools.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please