Software Developer III
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Software Developer is primarily responsible for designing, coding and unit testing software solutions whether custom designed to meet specific customer requirements or to fulfill CDM’s product platform strategy and roadmap. As such, the software developer is a subject matter expert on the computer languages and tool chains required to product new or to enhance existing consumer facing web and interactive applications, server and application software solutions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, code and unit test software applications and integration services that provide the foundation for our solutions used by our customers and internal teams
- Provide support documentation including release notes, design notes and instructions to support the release and maintenance of software solutions
- Participate in solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the software development life-cycle to improve products and platform, working closely with product management, software architects and the user experience team
What You Need
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 4+ years industry experience in a Software Development role or equivalent capacity
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Node, React and REST service development
- Experience with the following is helpful: Linux, Java, Spring Boot, PHP, Ansible
- Experience in developing and releasing cloud-based services, Azure or any other cloud platform
- Technical expertise and experience with Git, Jira and Confluence
- New product design and implementation skills including task management, prioritisation while working in an Agile environment
Who You Are:
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, designing, and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Experience with cross-team collaboration
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
- Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP Annual Reports or visit www.cineplex.com to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please