- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
The Art Director leads a team of designers and provides leadership on all design deliverables, creating promotions from initial concept to completion. Works closely with the Creative Director, generating clear ideas and concepts that deliver on client briefs. Uses experience and artistic ability to relay key messaging to customers in a visually compelling, experiential way.
- Oversee the creative team, with accountability for processes, workflows and project timelines. Provide estimated hours for creatives time/efforts on each project to ensure profitability and that timesheets are submitted.
- Brainstorm, create storyboards & layouts based on creative vision and ideas. Present creative ideas to client in a clear and engaging way through in person and written pitches
- Provide leadership and input on layouts and versioning. Review & approve all creative elements and provide direction to development teams
- Work closely with other designers to help grow and mentor the design team
- Diploma or Degree in Motion design and/or Graphic Design
- Multimedia design or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role, with portfolio showcasing examples of Art Direction, original concept development and executional capabilities
- Minimum 8 years graphic design experience
- Minimum 5 years in a motion designer role
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign)
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Proven experience working with digital media concepts
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail required
- Proven experience with design workflows and understanding the business of creative agencies
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills working in a collaborative team environment
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please