Senior Designer - Contract
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
The contract Senior Designer is responsible for assisting the Creative leads and overseeing designers and junior designers in generating ideas that can be crafted into effective consumer messages. The position involves a keen eye for design, typography and excellent executional skills. The Senior Designer must have strong digital experience and be extremely skilled working in ADOBE CS with intermediate – advanced knowledge of After Effects.
- Collaborate with the Senior Creative team members and studio team to develop original designs and motion for digital experiences in multiple verticals including but not limited to; Retail, Financial Services, QSR, and Out of Home (OOH) and architectural environments.
- Take projects from conception through to completion by developing digital storyboards, completing multiple rounds of revisions, and producing final designs and/or motion graphics, UI/UX, illustrations, 3D content.
- Delegate and develop the activities and performance of junior creative studio hires as well as provide direction, support and mentorship.
- Assist in the preparation, review and execution of client pitches and presentations.
- Participate in various training courses throughout the year to improve communication, problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- University or college degree in a relevant discipline such as Graphic Design, Motion Design or Multi-Media Design
- 5-7 years of experience in digital media advertising organization developing content for large brands and accounts. Experience with quick service restaurant, financial services and retail advertising an asset.
- Generates ideas that can successfully be deployed as effective executions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of design, colour and typography.
- Computer photo-retouching and image manipulation skills are also imperative
- Strong knowledge of ADOBE CS – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, After Effects
- Some illustration capability is beneficial
- Excellent skills in CS programs with a desire to advance and specialize
- Strong production skills in both digital and print environments
- Proven skills in various software (Flex, XD etc.) with ability to mentor juniors on new software
- Strong motion design skills and sense of timing / cadence / storyboarding
- Possesses a deep understanding of digital production techniques and some interface design.
- Effectively handles multiple assignments at one time.
- Effectively checks work on-screen.
- Proficient organizer of digital files.
- Attention to detail, a proactive attitude, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines are paramount to succeed at this position
- Great team player / strong collaborator
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please