Back of House Supervisor – The Rec Room Calgary Deerfoot City
- 901 64 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2E 9B7, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Back of House Supervisor – The Rec Room Deerfoot, reporting to the Chef. This position will be based at The Rec Room Calgary Deerfoot City located at 901 64th Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta.
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supporting the kitchen leadership in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of kitchen operations, while maintaining high quality menu options and service levels. The Kitchen Supervisor is expected to lead kitchen staff to create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner. The Kitchen Supervisor is further required to support the kitchen with ensuring the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages. Other duties may be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in all kitchen operations.
- Assist in cost of goods controls.
- Assist in labour control.
- Training and coaching of kitchen employees.
- Maintain food quality standards.
- Assist in execution of all Groups and Events.
- Prepare orders of all goods for requisition.
- Maintain all health and safety standards.
- Assist in food inventory counts.
- Report on all necessary repair and maintenance.
- Assist in completion of all line checks, cleaning duty rotation, and temperature logs.
- Maintain cleanliness, stocking, and proper operation of all dish areas.
- Provide station relief based on business levels.
- Manage staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Assist in implementation and enforcement menu recipe requirements.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the kitchen is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary in Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years' restaurant kitchen experience required.
- Experience in high volume food program considered an asset.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team considered an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please