Fixed Assets Accountant
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Fixed Assets Accountant
- The Fixed Assets Accountant records transactions in the general ledger, and performs analysis, reconciliations and inquiries to ensure data is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Perform monthly accounting, reporting and reconciliations related to the Company’s capital assets.
- Develop and deliver automation on key performances.
- Record general ledger journal entries resulting from own or others’ analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis, as directed by Supervisor.
- Professional development required by CPA Canada
- Post-secondary education with focus on Business and/or Accounting.
- Enrolment of CPA
- 3 to 5 years of accounting related or fixed assets experience
- Experience with ERP software ( PeopleSoft)
- Knowledge of IFRS theory
- Self-starter, have excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and manage tasks as assigned
- Ability to use analytical skills to assess financial data
- Proficient with MS Excel and other Office products.
- Be able to meet deadlines and work effectively within a fast paced environment
- Thorough knowledge on Office, Power Automate, Power BI
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please