Hourly Server - South Edmonton The Rec Room
- 1725 99 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1K5, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Server - South Edmonton The Rec Room, reporting to the Senior Service Manager- South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1725 99th Street NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Server will be responsible for providing high-levels of guest service to all restaurant patrons by providing prompt service, taking accurate orders, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. The Server will perform guest service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times, and ensure that the guests have an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and comply with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute (i.e. kitchen staff, bartender, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
- Clean and refill condiment sets for each table.
- Ensure table decorations are clean and comply with company standards.
- Set tables to company policy, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that guests have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing guests to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- Ensure that guests are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the guest, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good guest service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other guests.
- Attend to guest complaints satisfactorily.
- Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by guests, as well as fire escapes.
- Carry out on-the-job training to ensure subordinate staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to and maintain the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Follow Health, Food Safe and Liquor service guideline
- High school diploma or GED required. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Strong service experience who thrives on engaging guests.
- 1-3 years of restaurant service experience considered an asset.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please