Senior Account Director, Media Sales
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
At Cineplex Media, you are part of an innovative, collaborative, and inclusive team that empowers our clients with effective and impactful media and communication solutions to help them standout and deepen their connections with their consumers. From our theatre screens and lobbies to our digital signage networks across shopping malls and our gaming and recreational venues (The Rec Rooms and Playdium) we have exclusive access in the Canadian Media landscape to some of the most influential and targeted media outlets. On top of that, our data capabilities are robust and growing.
As Senior Account Director, Media Sales, you are a growth-focused sales professional with experience in media, who has successfully created positive impact through year-on-year business expansion. In this role, you will work to maximize the revenue potential of your client portfolio, derived from the sale of media advertising vehicles within the Cineplex eco-system.
You are a strategic and innovative individual, with a proven track record of building meaningful, long-term partnerships with agencies and clients by seeking to understand their needs and objectives. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and you are a creative collaborator who uses research and data to help your clients maximize their impact on their consumers.
The compensation is base salary plus commission, with bonuses upon achievement of sales targets in the assigned territory.
What's Is The Role:
- Maintain close relationships with existing clients/agencies and sustain client loyalty to the Cineplex brand by working on day-to-day concerns and larger proposals in timely and diligent manner
- Proactively extend the existing client base through the identification and pursuit of new clients/agencies and opportunities.
- Adopt thoughtful and resourceful strategies to meet or exceed assigned sales targets
- Keep abreast of market conditions to provide strategic advice to your clients’ senior management that enables them to achieve their revenue and profitability goals through our products
- Ensure that all prospective clients, their programs, products, and advertising media reflect and support the image and values of the Cineplex brand
- Understand the theatre environment and the role of the theatre manager. Ensure that programs, their timing, and execution, remain reasonable in the context of that environment.
- Maintain a good, current understanding of other theatre exhibition chains, mall networks, and recreational venues on whose behalf advertising may be sold
- Work closely with our media solutions and production teams to manage the sales process from request for proposal to final sign off and implementation
- Work closely with your account coordinator(s) to ensure client satisfaction through the entire account management and sale implementation process
What You Need To Be Successful:
- Post Secondary Education
- 7 +years Sales experience in Media (particularly dealing with large clients with multiple agency partners etc.)
What Sets You Apart From The Crowd:
- Outstanding relationship management and persuasion skills
- Proven track record of sales success by creating alignment on opportunities to drive sales results, grow territory, and ensure retention of clients
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and innovation and is open to the perspectives and ideas of others
- Knowledge of direct, programmatic and data sales strongly preferred and correlated with success in this role
- Compelling presentation skills that leave a powerful impression on the client
- Committed to personal development and improvement
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous Attention to detail and superlative organizational skills
- Valid Drivers License and Vehicle to travel and meet clients as required
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please