VIP Part Time Server - Cineplex Cinemas Abbotsford and VIP
- 3122 Mount Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC V4X 2K9, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Right now Cineplex is looking for dynamic
Servers in the VIP Lounge and auditoriums at Cineplex act as ambassadors for the VIP experience. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
They accept orders directly from guests. Servers deliver food to guests, collect payment, operate the cash register and clean their work area.
- Working Directly with the Public – Enthusiastically receiving guests in the VIP lounge and auditoriums, engaging guests in friendly conversation; setting the tone for a personalized VIP experience, selling and up-selling food and drinks, maximizing tip potential
- Preparing the service environment – Preparing the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Service food and alcohol to guests – Serving food to guests seated in the lounge and auditoriums, as required (not limited to food, concessions, alcohol, beer and wine)
- Communication of VIP experience - Staying updated on current menu options, specialties and menu deviations; sharing in-depth menu expertise with guests to promote products and services available within the VIP Concept
- Maintain a clean workspace –Washing glassware and utensils after each use; maintaining a clean, well-organized service area; performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the Managers.
- Determining levels of service – Utilizing training from Smart Serve Ontario to determine if a guest has been over served alcohol
- Positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude, and excellent communication skills
- Proven experience working as a server
- Superior understanding of hospitality and customer service and proven ability to deliver an exceptional Guest Experience
- Proven problem solving and quick thinking skills in fast-paced situations
- Math skills and computer literacy Knowledge of a second language is considered a plus
- Extended periods of time standing, walking, bending, carrying and assisting with bartending tasks
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- A valid Serving It Right certificate from Responsible Service BC
Health & Safety:
Management will be held accountable for the Health & Safety of all employees under their supervision. Management is responsible to ensure that machinery and equipment are safe and that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures. Employees must receive adequate training in their specific work tasks to protect their health and safety. All reported injuries that meet reporting requirements must be reported immediately to the General Manager and the Health & Safety Manager.
Successful candidates will enjoy free movies, competitive wages, comprehensive training programs, and tuition assistance. If you love the movies and enjoy working with the public, then this opportunity would be perfect for you. Don’t Wait!! Apply Today!
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
LANG: EN #CB