Mover/Driver - Toronto
- TBD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 450 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption and amusement gaming equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks. Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be a part of a team that’s set to expand coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? If so, we are looking for you!
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment, has an immediate opening for the position of Mover/Driver – FULL TIME reporting to the Regional Manager, Ontario Central, Player One Amusement group. Please note: This position requires you to travel within the Greater Toronto Area and you will be expected to work approximately 40 hours per week.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the equipment moves involved in our day-to-day business. Employee will need to: receive, prioritize and complete equipment moves, provide move sheets and accountability of delivery service, communicate with service/regional manager of ongoing equipment moves
- Ensure games are clean and well maintained for the guests
- General maintenance on all gaming equipment, including bulk vending (includes but not limited to: replace components, test equipment, cleaning, preparation, ensure repairs are done in a cost effective manner, maintain and update your parts kit)
- Maintain effective communication with the employees/supervisor in your region
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
- The successful candidate must be bonded or bondable
- Any technical post-secondary education would be an asset
What you need to become a successful member of this team:
- Valid class “G” Driver’s License;
- Must have a good driving record.
- Z-Endorsement an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50- 60lbs
- Ability to install/uninstall and disassemble larger arcade pieces
- Exceptional communication in English (oral & written), organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong computer/technical aptitude;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment such as safety boots is a must;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities;
- A flexible schedule that includes a minimum 40 hours a week with some weekend shifts on a rotation schedule
What we offer to our full time employees:
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training as the business is forever changing
- Company phone
- Travel allowance, if applicable
- A future to grow within the company
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please