Executive Director, Finance - SCENE
- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5C 2W1, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than ten million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies, restaurants, tickets, and events. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®* debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program visit www.scene.ca.
Executive Director, Finance is responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis of the businesses’ performance while supporting operations, business development and marketing leadership with recurring and ad-hoc tasks and projects.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting, including direction of third-party processing of sales and payables invoices and commodity and income tax compliance.
- Maintaining rolling 18-month forecasting with inputs from SCENE business leaders and equity partners, and participate in annual budget processes of all equity partners.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of all financial and management reporting; including the preparation and communication of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to SCENE leadership and partners.
- Ongoing analysis and profitability reporting of client verticals, existing and prospective partners.
- Oversee the new business opportunity models and quotes, and contract review and support.
What You Need:
- Post-secondary education with focus on Finance, Business Admin and/or Accounting.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- 7+ years in a senior financial position.
- Expert knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and cost control principles
Who You Are:
- Strong project management skills and business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to details.
- Professional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Consistent ability to set and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PPT).
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience in change management, contracting and negotiating.
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a public company environment.
- Experience in a B2C environment.
- Experience in working in environments with high complexity and a wide array of stakeholders and owners.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please