Hourly Amusement Cashier – Playdium Dartmouth Crossing
- Cabela Rd, Dartmouth, NS B3B, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Cashier – Playdium, Dartmouth, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at Playdium, Dartmouth located at 21 Cabela Road, Dartmouth, NS B3B 0P4
The Amusement Cashier will be responsible for promoting an outstanding entertainment experience to our guests in accordance with Playdium standards of operation. The Amusement Cashier will ensure all transactions are entered correctly adhering to Playdium policies and procedures. The Cashier will also be well versed in Playdium offerings to educate guests on maximizing their visit.
- Delivers exceptional service and entertainment experience to guests.
- Ensures that guests are aware of pricing for special events, promotions and daily events.
- Upsell game tags by explaining to the guest how the credit system works and the advantages of purchasing different denominations.
- Understand how to operate the Point of Sale systems and procedures associated with that Point of Sale.
- Cash handling and processing transactions in accordance with Playdium standards and cash handling procedures.
- Count Swag store inventory, re-stock as needed, and learn the product in the store.
- Ensure counter is well maintained, cleaned and well stocked.
- Set up and tear down for functions, events and activities
- Ensure guests adhere to the site and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Effectively handle and relay all guest inquiries, questions, and concerns to Management.
- Communicates operational concerns to Management.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Candidates must be 19 years of age or older.
- Some experience with customer service preferred.
- Quick addition skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage a counter and its contents.
- Working varied shifts
- Working alone for full shifts.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working with guests of all ages.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please