Hourly Venue Administrator - The Rec Room Brentwood
- 1920 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 0K5, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Venue Administrator – The Rec Room Burnaby, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at our Rec Room at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby, BC.
Your role is to provide administrative support to ensure the operations of the Rec Room. This role will give you the opportunity to observe and contribute to the full cycle of venue operations in an administrative capacity.
- Support personnel administration including the inputting of new hires, creation of swipe cards and organizing files as required.
- Assist with venue paperwork and filing, orientation materials and communication.
- Assist management in dealing with inquiries, and seeking appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with other venue staff and management to ensure that venue needs are properly attended to in a timely manner.
- Support inventory management of venue supplies and administrative tools.
- Oversee the management and routing of customer questions and phone calls related to the venue.
- Attend required meetings while taking, consolidating and distributing minutes.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Support the location with cash administration as required.
- In addition to 2-3 years’ experience in a professional or commercial environment in an administrative role, you will possess:
- Commitment to a team approach.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Has a general sense of urgency and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster strong client relationships.
- Highly organized.
- Strong Microsoft office skills required.
- Extended hours as required.
- Extended time sitting while using a computer.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please