Connect Squad - Senior Product Owner
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We are looking for a data-driven, outcomes focused, and collaborative team member to join our team as Senior Product Owner where you will be an integral part of delivering on our vision and strategy to enable best-in-class digital experiences for our guests across our product ecosystem.
In this role, you will be part of a Scrum team, managing the vision & strategy, stakeholders and execution of digital products that support one of our lines of business. The right candidate will have passion for digital, strong leadership skills, a track record of Agile delivery in a team and driving a complex customer facing product strategy with a data first, customer focused mindset.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Define the product vision and strategy:
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap, highlighting dependencies and risks
- Ensure the product roadmap is in line with business objectives and goals
- Use data-driven insights to identify opportunities and measure effectivity of business value delivered each sprint
- Stakeholder Management:
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to discover and understand business needs
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Exhibition, Amusement & Leisure, and Media businesses, ensuring alignment, buy in, communication, and understanding of the business priorities
- Actively inform stakeholders on progress, key KPIs, timelines, roadblocks, risks, dependencies and prioritization of asks
- Drive product execution through agile methodologies:
- Manage the product backlog with prioritized user stories ensuring it aligns with business, customer and technical priorities
- Contribute to the planning, execution and review of each sprint
- Collaborate with the team to constantly refine and improve the delivery process
- Own the delivery of incremental business value that meets stakeholder needs
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience in product ownership role in an agile environment practicing scrum methodologies
- 3+ years working with Adobe Analytics or similar to drive data informed decisions and insights
- Expertise in Agile software methodologies, with certification in Scrum Product Owner or related training
- Experience with managing vendors and/or developing partnerships with third party/outsourcing companies on product development
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking with a track record of delivery
Who You Are:
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about web applications and digital content
- Excellent organizational, statistical, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills
- Inherent passion about the intersection of consumer behavior, technology trends, and media
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please