Amusement Electronics Technician Manager – Playdium Orion Gate
- 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Technician Manager – Playdium Orion Gate. This position will be based at our Playdium Orion Gate located at 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1.
The Amusement Technician Manager will conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics to ensure that Playdium gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Amusement Technician Manager is responsible for the ongoing preventive and corrective work orders on mechanical, electrical and other installed arcade and gaming systems, equipment, and other components when work orders are presented. The Amusement Technician Manager is required to perform service and repairs on gaming machines in a timely manner. The Amusement Technician Manager is accountable for planning, performing, and executing the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming equipment.
Game Operations & Maintenance
- Assist in the repair of gaming equipment.
- Repair and research parts and possible solutions to issues with game units.
- Prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Plan and perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate gaming systems.
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting customer satisfaction and operations.
- Perform necessary maintenance changes or upgrades on gaming units.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of gaming machines and repair as necessary.
- Respond effectively to all issues.
- Operate all assigned equipment and systems in the most energy efficient manner.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Assist the operations as needed.
- Provide guidance to the primary function of other technicians, including training.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform other duties as required.
Policy & Procedure Adherence
- Understand and effectively follow all Playdium, policies and procedures.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
What You Need
- College diploma in Electronics or Electronics Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in related field preferably in a management capacity.
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs.
- Experience diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- May be required to work outside of operating hours to support installations, deliveries, removal or repair of games with others.
- Some travel for training or support may be required.
Who You Are
- Ability to train technicians.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
What Sets You Apart
- University degree in Electronics or Electronics Engineering is an asset.
- Knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation is an asset.
- Job requires ability to work with hand tools, power tools, multi-meter and materials.
- Extended hours as required.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. safety boots, safety glasses.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to carry a small inventory of personal tools.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please