Product Manager - CDM
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Product Managers are responsible for the commercial success of a product or solution, overseeing it through all stages of the product life cycle, including ideation, design, build, launch, growth, enhancement and eventual end-of-life. Reporting to the Director, Product Management, as a member of the Product Management team, this role is a mix of technical expertise and business savvy, with a critical focus on solving customer needs, monitoring market trends and providing differentiated value.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Defines product vision and strategy for an offering that meets customer needs, communicating & championing it across the organization
- Guides the offering throughout the lifecycle, and drives its success through product optimization and timely decision making
- Develops and owns a roadmap for the offering to articulate the vision and future, including several versions appropriate for internal and external audiences
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders such as marketing, sales, support, to ensure alignment, meet enablement needs, and provide advocacy
- Acts as a market and competitive expert, using a data-driven approach, bringing research and insight from outside the business to the rest of the organization for use in decision making and positioning and reduce potential threats
- Creates and maintains a business plan that makes a compelling case for continued company investment in your products
- Designs user stories for current and future products based on market problems & customer needs
- Is a product advocate both internally and externally, communicating the differentiated value of the offering to varying audiences in varying context
What You Need:
- 5+ years of product management, marketing, development or technical role experience
Who You Are:
- Tech savvy, creative thinking and passionate about building products and solutions
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data and strong analytical skills to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Comfortable holding professional conversations with our target customers, influencers and users
- Must be a strong speaker/presenter in front of senior representatives in both internal and external audiences
- Excellent relationship management skills to interact with cross functional teams (accounts, customer success, finance, BD, customer solutions, etc.), leadership representatives, customers and partners
- Strong ability to influence others and generate enthusiasm
- Proven ability to understand and articulate customers’ perspectives, the problems they face and define use case scenarios
What Sets You Apart:
- MBA or similar business-oriented master program is preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or technology-related field is preferred
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified
- Experience developing products that utilize machine learning
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please