- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Organize footage and pull selects that combine the most effective shots to form a clear, logical and flowing story
- Create stories, including social cuts, from junket interviews and red carpets based on overall goals of projects.
- Edit marketing promos and brand videos.
- Finish projects by colour grading, editing audio, basic motion graphics, EQing and quality control.
- Collaborate with Producer, Senior Video Editor and Copywriter on creative direction for video productions.
What You Need:
- 3-5 years of experience working in broadcast or film.
- Diploma or certificate in TV/Film Production.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- Have music sense for video editing and post production.
- Knowledge of colour correction.
- Knowledge of all video and social media formats.
Who You Are:
- A keen eye for detail and strong storytelling skills.
- Excellent sense of pacing and timing.
- Ability to provide objective and creative feedback to the team.
What Sets You Apart:
- 3-5 years of experience working at an advertising or media agency.
- Certificate in Video Editing or Post-Production.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please