Senior Full Stack Software Developer - CDM
- 220 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Full Stack Software Developer is primarily responsible for designing, coding and unit testing software solutions whether custom designed to meet specific customer requirements or to fulfill CDM’s product platform strategy and roadmap. As such, the software developer is a subject matter expert on the computer languages and tool chains required to product new or to enhance existing consumer facing web and interactive applications, server and application software solutions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, code and unit test web, software applications and widgets to create software solutions for direct use by our customers or internally as part of backend solutions
- Provide support documentation including release notes, design notes and instructions to support the release and maintenance of software solutions
- Participate in solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the software development life-cycle to improve products and platform, working closely with UX, product management and software architects
- This role is full stack, but the larger focus is in front end development
What You Need:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 4+ years industry experience in a Software Development role or equivalent capacity
- Experience in a mature engineering organization building packaged software products in an agile development methodology
- Technical expertise and experience with various operating systems, software development languages, tools and applications to support web and full-stack application development
- Experience with Node and Ansible
- Experience with Azure and Authentication Mechanisms(SSO, OAuth)
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, AJAX
- Technical expertise and experience with Git, Jira and Confluence
- New product design and implementation skills including task management, prioritization while working in an Agile environment
- Skills in the software development life-cycle and quality engineering
- Ability to create user friendly, customer centric solutions that are scalable, reliable and extensible
Who You Are:
- Strong problem solving, debugging, design and trouble shooting skills essential in complex multi-variable, multi-component system environments
- Proven ability in decision making and leadership
- A collaborator: working with multiple teams including UX design, customer success and DevOps with the primary day-to-day role working with other software development team members, quality assurance and product management
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please