Quality Assurance Analyst III
- 220 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies - operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us, and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
As a primary subject matter expert, the Quality Assurance Analyst focuses in the testing and qualification of software solutions, software development life-cycles and quality engineering. Through their work, they engage by improving quality engineering systems, practices and processes. The Quality Assurance Analyst works day to day in a team that consists of roles such software developers and product managers. The role is focused in creating testing requirements and frameworks to ensure the suitability of customer facing Web interfaces, server and embedded applications products for release and deployment.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, develop, document and execute manual, automated, and performance test cases for user interfaces, web services, server/backend solutions and in-field software applications whether custom or platform.
- Participate in Agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, retrospective, stand-up and cross training.
- Track and report on quality metrics associated with software under test.
- Assist in incident responses including testing to support root cause analysis and once resolved, to update the appropriate test program.
- Maintain and up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging QA trends and techniques, establish best practices, develop processes and use appropriate test technology to solve development and quality challenges in a continuous integration development environment.
What You Need:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 4+ years industry experience in a Software Quality assurance role or equivalent capacity
- 2+ years automated test experience using tools such as Selenium and Puppet.
- Strong experience with the latest Quality Assurance best practices, frameworks and adopting processes to drive quality in a product.
- Technical expertise in building and testing packaged software products.
- Developing and building test requirements and functional testing for web, device, mobile & standalone applications (Windows & Linux).
- Developing and maintaining automated test systems, interface and performance tests.
- Designing, analyzing and testing enterprise-scale applications with OO (object-oriented) approach.
- Experience in side-side Web technologies including Java, Servlet, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, PHP.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and SQL.
- Expertise with modern computer operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows).
- Strong experience with bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA and Git.
- Knowledge of CI tools like Jenkins.
Who You Are:
- A champion for software quality.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and leadership skills.
What Sets You Apart:
- Domain experience in the digital signage, media, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset.
- Experience in a mature Development organization building packaged software products.
- Knowledge in Azure cloud and deployment of applications in Azure cloud.
- Experience with native application development in Windows using Electron and Unity Framework.
Cineplex is committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at [email protected].
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please