General Manager - Scotiabank Theatre Winnipeg
- 817 St James St, Winnipeg, MB R3G 3J7, Canada
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Are you passionate about movies? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™.
Land your starring role as the General Manager of our Scotiabank Theatre Winnipeg, 817 St. James St., Winnipeg, MB R3G 3J7.
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled Leader for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance, don’t wait APPLY TODAY.
As the General Manager of the this location you will be accountable for the effective operation of the complex, ensuring company objectives, policies and procedures are implemented and administered in support of the Cineplex Entertainment Mission Statement “Passionately Delivering an Exceptional Entertainment Experience” and all Key Result Areas. The General Manager will also function as a liaison with the Home Office and various departments as well as outside vendors and clients.
Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for growth, this position can often lead to a more senior roles (i.e.: Area General Manager, Director, Operations, etc.)
What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a manager in the restaurant or service industry with proven experience in staff supervision and field operations.
- A university degree or college diploma.
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Execution of innovative and creative sales and food service activities;
- Strong computer aptitude;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please