Software Developer II
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location-based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location-based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Software Developer is primarily responsible for designing, coding and unit testing software solutions whether custom designed to meet specific customer requirements or to fulfill CDM’s product platform strategy and roadmap. As such, the software developer is a subject matter expert on the computer languages and tool chains required to product new or to enhance existing consumer facing web and interactive applications, server and application software solutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, code and unit test web, software applications and widgets to create software solutions for direct use by our customers or internally as part of backend solutions.
- Provide support documentation including release notes, design notes and instructions to support the release and maintenance of software solutions.
- Participate in solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the software development life-cycle to improve products and platform, working closely with UX, product management and software architects
What You Need
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 2+ years industry experience in a Software Development role or equivalent capacity.
- Experience in a mature engineering organization building packaged software products in an agile development methodology
- Technical expertise and experience with various operating systems, software development languages, tools and applications to support web and full-stack application development.
- Experience with Java, Servlet, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, PHP
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, AJAX
- Technical expertise and experience with relevant code management tools (e.g. repositories), field deployment methodologies.
- New product design and implementation skills including task management, prioritization while working in an Agile environment.
- Skills in the software development life-cycle and quality engineering.
- Ability to create user friendly, customer centric solutions that are scalable, reliable and extensible.
Who You Are
- Strong problem solving, debugging, design and trouble shooting skills essential in complex multi-variable, multi-component system environments
- Proven ability in decision making and leadership
- A collaborator: working with multiple teams including UX design, customer success and DevOps with the primary day-to-day role working with other software development team members, quality assurance and product management
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
We are a motivated team whose culture believes in the value of people first. On all levels, we encourage engagement, empathy, critical thinking, transparency and creative problem-solving as we tackle key initiatives. Our Culture Charter connects us to core values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence. Our values are the common themes that connect how each of us work together to achieve our strategic objectives. We have fun together, lift each other up and thrive in our diverse and inclusive environment. Does this sound like a great place to work for you? Let us know your story.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please