- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than ten million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies, restaurants, tickets, and events. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®*debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program, visit www.scene.ca.
The Director, Partnerships is responsible for developing, growing and retaining SCENE’s relationships with key strategic participants in SCENE’s ecosystem to build value for owners, participants, for SCENE and for members. This includes development of partner strategies and marketing plans, working closely with internal groups at SCENE to deliver against plans, and identifying and prioritizing new capabilities that SCENE requires to support partners and grow revenue. It also includes development and management of relationships with partners and business lines by providing equivalent support. The role also has accountability to ensure participants have reporting, business intelligence, insight and access to allowable data.
What You Will Be Doing
- New partner strategy, pursuit of new strategic partnerships and growth opportunities with existing partners
- Oversight of third-party relationships to identify partner objectives and guide SCENE teams to create programs and experiences to achieve objectives
- Management of partner budgets, Profits & Losses (P&L’s), contract negotiation
- Development of relationships, communication channels and governance to identify and prioritize objectives and guide SCENE teams to support their objectives and amplify programs and experiences
- Identify opportunities to create new programs using SCENE's combined assets
- Work with operations, digital and SCENE suppliers to align SCENE’s strategies, roadmaps and capabilities with partner and owner needs
What You Need
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- 5+ years in a business development, client management or sales role
- 5+ years in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), loyalty or strategic consulting experience
- 5+ years of contract and vendor oversight. Vendor selection and contract negotiation
- Experience planning and managing budgets
- Demonstrated history of relationship building and strategic influencing in a sales/agency role with clients
Who You Are
- Financial acumen, particularly ability to build business cases for investments and define project return on investment (ROI)
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and manage teams
What Sets You Apart
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please