- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
About Cineplex: Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location-based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location-based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favorite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf).
Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program. Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Finance department of our Cineplex Digital Media division currently has an opening for a Financial Analyst role, reporting directly to the Executive Director of Finance & Administration team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparing financial analysis and reports supporting the company in executing against its financial goals and strategy. This role will also be involved in preparing financial models for new opportunities and month-end GL closing.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prepare financial and management reporting including KPI’s and scorecard
- Analyze the variances against budget and prior year and prepare analytical commentary
- Work with procurement in reviewing inventory reconciliations for multiple warehouses on a monthly-basis
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist with other month-end closing duties
- Assist with financial modelling using robust assumptions and scenario analysis along with other ad hoc requests and cross functional teams
What You Need:
- Post-secondary education with focus on Finance, Business Admin and/or Accounting
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in full cycle accounting
- Experience with business modelling and analysis
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Who You Are:
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Effectively managing time and resources to meet tight deadlines
- Curious and proactively inquisitive
What Sets You Apart:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system
- Experience with data visualization, ie. PowerBI
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please