Regional Culinary Manager ( 12 - Month Contract )
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Entertainment is currently recruiting for the position of Regional Culinary Manager, reporting to the Executive Director of Culinary. This position will be based at our Home Office in Toronto, ON.
The Regional Culinary Manager will support the Executive Director of Culinary in developing and deploying culinary strategy within Cineplex The Director will work to ensure Cineplex policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to at all locations. Oversee the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of culinary operations and financial areas within multiple venues to maximize sales and profitability. The Regional role will manage and take accountability for the profit and loss performance of the culinary operations against budget.
A strong working knowledge, understanding and ability to follow and enforce all Company beliefs, policies and procedures will be critical in the performance of regular job duties. The Regional Culinary Manager will provide coaching and feedback to develop the culinary program in Cineplex. A strong working knowledge of diverse culinary operations and proven success in opening several new locations will play a critical part in regular job duties. The driving focus of this position will be to increase brand reputation through the consistent achievement of execution excellence and profitability in the culinary operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Culinary Strategy & Operations
- Plan, evaluate and monitor culinary operations and financial areas within multiple units to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Assist operations on P&L accountability for food cost of goods, operational budgets and facility performance to ensure profitability for all units.
- Provide counsel and facilitate resolution of external/internal barriers to location performance and guest service standards.
- Support the development and implementation of Back of House operating systems for restaurant, bar, QSR and Groups & Events.
- Evaluate practices and procedures on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations to optimize for changing business needs.
- Escalate Best Practices which are identified to increase operational efficiency, performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Conduct efficient and productive unit visits that focus on the superior delivery of food service, sanitation, safety, purchasing, training and facilities maintenance.
- Ensure execution excellence of culinary operations for Groups & Events across all units.
- Support efforts relating to procurement and logistics and maintain best practices.
- Maintain accurate actual versus theoretical programs and control within tolerance.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings with National Operations and the Executive Directors team, to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Support the development and implementation of Back of House divisional training initiatives.
- Support the development and implementation of new culinary offerings as needed for menu refresh, limited time offerings, seasonal menus, regional menus, and promotions for Cineplex.
- Always establish standardized recipes and specifications to ensure consistency across Cineplex brands.
- Create cost effective menu items.
- Stay current with culinary trends.
- Oversee for Outtakes at 1303.
- Support the development and achievement of regional and unit level strategic and annual operating plan objectives.
- Understand, effectively follow, and enforce all Cineplex beliefs, policies, and procedures.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Culinary Management or Hospitality field
- Minimum 2 - 5 years in a multi-location culinary management position within the hospitality field
- Proven success in managing multiple large format and/or high volume operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering financial results within culinary operations
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant or multi-attraction operations
- Experience in all aspects of culinary service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to examine and re-engineer food and beverage operations, and develop and implement new strategies
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of guests and offer the appropriate options, solutions and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Excellent training, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and location managers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Based in Toronto with 70%+ travel required, fluctuating based on the needs of the business
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required including weekends, evenings and holidays
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please