Tech Lead ( Senior Full Stack Developer ) - Cineplex Digital Store
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Cineplex Store is a premium Canadian online destination for the sale and rental of movies, ranging from the latest releases to timeless classics. Our goal is to provide our guests an unparalleled experience for the discovery, purchase, and viewing of their favourite films, whether from their computer, mobile, or connected living room devices.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer who will take the lead as our Technical Lead for the Cineplex Store, responsible for providing overall technical oversight on development and delivery practices for the Cineplex Store ecosystem.
Not afraid to roll-up their sleeves, they will work in collaboration with their team, made up of a Product Owner, Design Lead, Developers and QA, as well as multiple teams across the organization, developing new capabilities and optimizing our existing experience across all platforms.
The Technical Lead has deep expertise and experience in software development life-cycle and quality engineering, and will provide team leadership to influence in the areas of building software using agile methodologies, implementing quality code and employing development standards and best practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead the design and development of Cineplex Store applications across web, TV apps, and mobile apps; work alongside 3rd party vendors to manage execution of development where required
- Assess, contribute and receive feedback during the development life-cycle to improve Store products and platforms
- Manage, prioritize and communicate your workload and tasks to your squad
- Participate in the solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
What You Need
- Strong understanding of web-based software architectures and technologies
- Experience with .NET MVC, .NET Framework using C#
- Experience in the development and maintenance of device applications, including web and Smart TV's
- Experience with integration with 3rd party APIs (via REST calls, using oAuth, etc...)
- Experience with Web API (Open API specs)
- Experience with Node, webpack or gulp
- Experience with Angular / React
- Experience with HTML / CSS / SASS
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Azure (or similar) and CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with agile software development tools (e.g. DevOps, Jira, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
Who You Are
- Ability to effectively lead and influence team members
- Adaptable developer who is willing and able to take on and learn multiple technologies
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Able to work collaboratively with other team members
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please