Vice President, Cineplex Digital Store
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s leading entertainment and lifestyle loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 10,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, and we want it to start with you!
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Vice President, Cineplex Digital Store provides strategic direction, leadership, and oversight for the digital content distribution channel of Cineplex aligning to our strategy and supporting our mission of passionately delivering exceptional experiences.
The Vice President will lead the delivery of the following strategic pillars of the Cineplex Digital Store:
- Best in class guest experience
- Expand and engage the customer base
- Drive content sales
- Scale partner and integrated programs
- Launch new channels and products
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Articulate and champion the Cineplex Digital Store short-term and long-term strategy, delivering a leading destination and exceptional experience for Canadians who want to access movies and other content outside the theatre environment
- Overall P&L responsibility for the Cineplex Digital Store and driving transactional revenue growth, customer adoption, and profitability
- Drive the optimal delivery and development of at-home/on-the-go products through forging profitable relationships with channel partners including integration with numerous devices (e.g. LG, Samsung, Roku, Apple) and partnership programs
- Partner with the Digital & Technology team and external vendors to continue the development of the technical infrastructure and digital delivery platform to ensure a seamless guest experience across web, mobile, TV, and other channels
- Lead the overall product, merchandising, pricing, and promotional strategy for the Cineplex Digital Store, ensuring investments and prioritization align to achieve strategic objectives
- Partner with Marketing to build the Cineplex “At Home” brand and leverage the SCENE loyalty program to drive the Cineplex Digital Store business
- Lead and oversee all external vendor/partner relationships related to legal, technical, and new business initiatives, including contract negotiations with partners, suppliers, studios, and vendors.
- Partner with the Theatre and Marketing teams to grow and develop programs that leverage and integrate the theatrical and the digital customer journey
- Identify and recommend courses of action related to capitalizing on emerging new technologies in consumer electronics/digital download/rental/streaming/on demand
- Identify opportunities and build go-to-market strategies for expanded products and channels to grow the Cineplex Digital Store
- Identify opportunities to expand the digital footprint of Cineplex through new and expanded business opportunities
- Partner with Human Resources to create a high-performance environment and establish a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates team members
- University degree in business or related field (MBA or equivalent advanced degree an asset)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience leading digital channels including strategy and business operations, including experience in planning, implementing, outcome/KPI tracking
- Extensive experience in a Digital Commerce, dot com/”over the top” and mobile environment from both the technology and merchandising perspectives
- A thorough understanding of the movie download/streaming industry from a technical and strategic perspective, ideally with the transactional video on demand (TVOD) model
- Experienced in “trend spotting” to identify relevant new and emerging trends in the marketplace
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills with ability to build high performing teams
- Customer focused and astute in anticipating customer needs with a commitment to developing quality programs
- Ability to set strategic objectives and execute on time and on budget
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills with ability to engage the organization and external stakeholders and establish effective relationships
- Desire to learn, think “outside the box” and to develop professionally
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please