Hourly Amusement Host – Playdium, Dartmouth
- 21 Cabela Road, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Host – Playdium, Dartmouth, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at Playdium, Dartmouth located at 21 Cabela Road, Dartmouth, NS B3B 0P4
The Amusement Host will be responsible for promoting an outstanding entertainment experience to our guests in accordance with Playdium standards of operation. The Amusement Host is considered a subject matter expert on gaming within the facility and can help answer and/or curate the gaming experience for both experienced and non-experienced gamers.
- Delivers exceptional service and entertainment experience to guests.
- Up sells games by showing guests game operations, encouraging guests to play and creating an overall fun, playful environment for them.
- Operates all major attractions.
- Ensure games are clean and well maintained for the guests.
- Ensures individual stations are clean and fully operational.
- Set up and tear down for functions, events and activities.
- Ensures that guests are aware of pricing for special events, promotions and daily events.
- Ensures that guests adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Effectively handle and relay all guest inquiries, questions, and concerns to Management.
- Communicates operational concerns to Management.
- Assist in re-stocking of Swag store.
- Other duties as required.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Some experience with customer service preferred.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Working varied shifts
- Working alone for full shifts.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working with guests of all ages.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please