Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location-based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location-based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis acts as the project manager for Cineplex’s annual budget and five year plan financial model. In support of this key activity, the role also provides forecasting, management reporting, and financial modeling to support the business. Is a key business partner to business units and functional areas across the organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Project manager for the planning and budget cycle, ensures this multi-month project is scheduled, materials are prepared, and tasks are executed on time and to the Cineplex standard. Ensures on-time delivery of a complete and vetted plan for Board approval and to be used for governance by the entire organization.
- Manages reporting for management and the Board (capital reporting and forecasting the two main categories). These efforts support the governance of the budget and five-year plan by providing stakeholders with visibility and context relating to the company’s performance versus plan.
- Coaching & development – indirect report and cross-functional. Teaching, cross-training and sharing knowledge within the immediate team, as well as cross-functionally with business analysts and business leaders. Serves as a subject matter expert for the Cineplex “Budgeting Basics” training course.
- System administrator for Prophix, Cineplex’s corporate performance management tool. Manages user licenses, functionality and performance of the system with both internal users and the consultants at Prophix.
- Ad-hoc business unit support (modeling, reporting, analysis), providing knowledge, guidance and support in creating business models and/or reports, as well as providing context for analysis of results.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- 5-10 years experience in progressive accounting roles touching on broad-based accounting experience (general accounting, auditing, financial reporting, financial analysis).
Who You Are
- Strong customer service oriented attitude and general curiosity about the business, the industry, finance and accounting – asking the right questions and understanding the ‘why’ before executing on tasks.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft applications, primarily Excel, with Access being an asset.
- Attention to detail required to ensure all numbers articulate – one version of the truth and the narrative behind the numbers aligns with the story the numbers are telling.
- Competence in coaching, to subordinates as well as cross-cutting with peers – clearly communicate the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of various tasks to share knowledge and build capabilities.
What Sets You Apart
- Master of Business Administration is an asset.
- Experience working with Prophix an asset.
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees or peers is an asset.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please