Hourly AV Specialist - The Rec Room Barrie Park Place
- 8 N Village Way, Barrie, ON L4N 0M7, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of AV Specialist – The Rec Room Barrie Park Place, reporting to the Entertainment Manager. This position will be based at our The Rec Room Barrie Park Place located at 8 N Village Way, Barrie, ON L4N 0M7.
The AV Specialist is responsible for the implementation of audio, visual and lighting production for Rec Room programming and hosted events. This is a technical position, allowing the opportunity to help execute a wide variety of events. The AV Specialist assists with the installation and maintenance of AV systems. The AV Specialist works with third party suppliers as required.
- Provide technical support to a variety of entertainment offerings including music, comedy, screenings, interactive events, onstage conversations, corporate events and personal celebrations.
- Ensure consistent standard of delivery for AV services which are best-in-class.
- Maintain in-venue displays and Crestron controls.
- Provide excellent client services.
- Participate in regular maintenance program and ensure AV inventory is kept in a good state of repair.
- Appropriately handle delivery of materials to The Rec Room, internal and external.
- Complete reports on AV presentation for events.
- Work with service providers as required.
- Strong AV experience in audio engineering, stage lighting and video presentation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in live event AV production.
- Degree or Diploma or degree in AV Production.
- High degree of familiarity with emerging trends in AV Production and interactive technologies.
- Excellent IT Skills specifically Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Efficient, consistent team player.
- Innovative Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- An out-going, people-oriented personality.
- Familiarity with the local entertainment industry an asset.
- Excellent verbal, public and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and additional hours as required.
- Ability to lift 50lb required.
- Will be required to work in an environment with elevated sound levels and low lighting conditions.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- This position is responsible for AV Services in a 35,000 square foot facility which requires full range of motion physicality, physical endurance and stamina to work each shift.
- Fast paced environment.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please