- 220 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1H3, Canada
About Cineplex: Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location-based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location-based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favorite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf).
Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program. Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Our Cineplex Digital Media division is currently looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, experienced creative Art Director to manage, develop, and direct our London-based creative team. The candidate will be overseeing the development and execution of National and international food service and financial clients, reporting directly to the Creative Director, Cineplex Digital Media. This opportunity is located at our Cineplex Digital Media office at 220 Dundas Street, 8th Floor, London ON.
You will lead a team of designers and provide leadership on all design deliverables, creating promotions from initial concept to completion. Working closely with the Creative Director, the Art Director will be responsible for generating clear ideas and concepts that deliver on client briefs. You will use previous experiences and artistic ability to relay key messaging to customers in a visually compelling, experiential way.
- Oversee the creative team, with accountability for processes, workflows, and project timelines. Provide estimated hours for creatives time/efforts on each project to ensure profitability and that timesheets are submitted.
- Brainstorm, create storyboards & layouts based on creative vision and ideas. Present creative ideas to client in a clear and engaging way through in person and written pitches
- Provide leadership and input on layouts and versioning. Review & approve all creative elements and provide direction to development teams
- Work closely with other designers to help grow and mentor the design team
Education & Certification:
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design, or motion design
- Multimedia design or a related discipline
Key skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role, with portfolio showcasing examples of Art Direction, original concept development and executional capabilities
- Minimum 5-7 years graphic design experience
- Minimum 5 years in a motion designer role
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign)
- Motion Design skills
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Proven experience working with digital media concepts
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail required
- Proven experience with design workflows and understanding the business of creative agencies
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills working in a collaborative team environment
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please