Software Developer (12-month contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Digital & Technology Team is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
Our Home Office, located at 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, has an immediate opening for the position of Software Developer, reporting to the Director, Software Delivery. The Software Developer will work in collaboration with their team and multiple teams within the organization, producing new and enhancing existing menu content, consumer-facing and interactive applications. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
We are looking for an initiative-taking and collaborative team member with strong fundamentals of Software Development Life Cycle and Quality engineering.
- Support the design and development of customized applications for direct use by our customers
- Manage, prioritize and communicate your workload and tasks to team members through-out project execution
- Adaptable developer who is willing and able to take on and learn multiple technologies and their application within our solutions
- Participate in the solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the development life cycle to improve products and platform
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements would be considered an asset to the position:
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Must have experience with following technologies:
- .NET Core and .Net MVC
- Node, webpack or gulp
- Web API
- modern SPA frameworks (either React or Angular)
- HTML / SASS
- Must have experience integration with 3rd party APIs (via REST calls, using OAuth, etc),
- Experience with accessibility, web application performance testing would be a great to have
- Nice to have experience within Agile development teams
- Nice to have experience with DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines and Azure
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate to a varied audience
- Must have strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly for web-based applications
- Must be willing to travel and have flexibility with respect to working hours
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please