Machine Learning Engineer
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Digital & Technology Team is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
Our Home Office, located at 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, has an immediate opening for the position of Machine Learning Engineer (ML Engineer), reporting to the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics. In this role, you will assist the Data & Analytics team in creating Machine learning products that can be operationalized to provide value to Cineplex’s various business units.
The role will work in conjunction with data scientists and data engineers in the team, to convert trained models and make them work on quality production environment. The ML engineer will be responsible for bringing the best software development practices to the analytics team and building out an MLOps practice within the team to speed up analytics deliverables.
- Transform ML Prototypes into working products that can be used by end users in different business units seamlessly.
- Deploy ML models in production and put them in the heavy-scalable cloud environments, while also maintaining a high quality, reusable code.
- Optimize ML models and codes developed by Data scientist, for performance and scalability and implement custom ML code when required.
- Ensures that all production models and jobs related to the model are working properly in terms of actual execution and scheduling.
- Automates and abstracts away different repeatable routines that are present in most machine learning tasks.
- Looks constantly for model performance improvement and supports decision on which ML technologies will be used in production environment.
- Provide support to Data scientist to design, build, implement, and optimize ML solutions using variety of programming languages and ML Libraries.
- Provide support to Data Engineers to ensure reliable data flow between different parts of the data ecosystem.
- Monitor and maintain the whole family of ML models in production.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field will be a great to have
- Knowledge of scalable, distributed systems using Cloud Providers such as Microsoft Azure will be preferred
- Good to have certification in Azure Data Science and/or ML field
- MLOps experience will be a good to have
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, fundamentals of probability and statistics, data modeling and evaluation
- Experience with ML model building and deployment on cloud platforms
- Experience with Azure or any other cloud ML build and implementation
- Experience with the following technology stack:
- SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
- R, Python
- Rest API, Flask, Dockers (Good to have)
- Experience with Data Bricks and Kubernetes will be an asset
- Familiarity with different ML Libraries and frameworks (NymPy, SciPy, pandas, Spark Mlib, Tensorflow, Pytorch) will be an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please