HR Coordinator (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the role of HR Coordinator, reporting to the Vice President, Talent & Learning. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
The HR Coordinator plays a vital role on the Human Resources team. It is this person’s responsibly to keep talent and learning programs, processes and people running smoothly. Often, they are the first point of contact for those seeking support from Human Resources and play the critical role of coordinating program logistics and implementations, as well as preparing talent and learning reports and analysis.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
Program Implementation and Coordination
- Coordinate talent and learning program implementations and training sessions for Corporate stakeholders, including scheduling meetings and coordinating logistics, as well as managing invitations and participants, and supporting facilitators and HR Business Partners, as required.
- Provide administrative support for Talent and Learning and HR Business Partner teams including coordinating and organizing files and templates, administering and analyzing the outcome of processes like the HR resignation tracker and departure checklist, providing tier1 (first response) for employee relations and learning inbox inquiries, and assistance with invoice management and expense reporting, as required
- Prepare quarterly Talent and Learning dashboards and other reports and analysis, and set up reports in the learning management system.
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of learning and performance management systems and license issuance, ensuring that all employee data, processes, enrolments, course records, and group assignments are up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or HR certification preferred
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years’ relevant Human Resources experience with a focus on administration
- Performance management and/or learning management system maintenance preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a busy multi-location environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion
- Sound judgment and the ability to work within all levels of the company
- Excellent customer service, and "hands on approach" to providing support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong MS Office skills with advanced capabilities in MS Excel
- PowerBI, LMS, and other HRIS familiarity is an asset
Working Conditions & Effort
- Flexible work options available
- Some onsite duties may be required on a monthly basis
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please