- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to a monthly closing schedule
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes
- Assist with the analyzing of financial statements on a monthly basis, and report on variances
- Analyze selected key balance sheet accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits
What You Need
- Accounting designation (or high-level candidate) plus a business degree or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years financial statement preparation experience in a highly computerized, multi-level, consolidated group of companies
Who You Are
- Excellent spreadsheet and database skills
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act independently, with minimal daily direction from manager, to accomplish objectives
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- PeopleSoft knowledge is an asset
- Other ERP systems - SAP/Oracle/JD Edwards
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and get results
What Sets You Apart
- Experience working within interfaces between accounting and other systems
- Experience in retail or entertainment
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please