- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
As a key member of the team chartered with defining and designing world-class movie experiences, the Front-End Designer is responsible for the definition design, and maintenance of the visual presentation across Cineplex products and services. You will work closely with interaction designers, usability researchers, product managers, developers, and other visual designers to create compelling user experiences.
- Use front-end programming languages to create responsive webpages in Agility Modules.
- Liaison between visual designer and developer to ensure smooth integration of design and development.
- Work closely with visual designers to advise on front-end practices and trend to drive better design.
- Maintain Front-end development consistency, patterns, and libraries.
- Maintain and monitor CMS (Agility).
- 1-3 years’ working as a Front-end Designer
- Post-secondary education with focus on front-end programming
- Working knowledge of design principles
- Front-end certification (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Good to have experience with Sketch/Adobe CS
- Experience with the following technology stack:
- ASP .NET and MVC .Net
- HTML/CSS, SASS
- Node, Webpack or Gulp
- Modern SPA frameworks (either React or Angular)
- CMS Integration
- Version control (Git)
- Web performance and accessibility best practices
- Accessibility and web application performance testing
Desired Personal Profile:
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please