Interaction Designer (12-Month Contract)
- 1255 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Interaction Designer shapes world-class entertainment experiences. The Designer is responsible for supporting the UX Directors in carrying out the experience vision for the Cineplex products and services. This individual will be advocating for the customer across the journey to ensure value is delivered at every interaction and touchpoint. They leverage design thinking to maintain consistency across multiple screens and devices. Co-creating in a close-knit team with other UX/interaction designers, usability researchers, product managers, developers, and visual designers to deliver compelling omni-channel entertainment user experiences.
What You Will Be Doing
- Wireframe and prototype designs for omni-channel product development initiatives that align with the UX strategy and vision
- Co-creation of concept development and design ideation with Cineplex cross-functional teams
- Collaborate closely with other UX designers and product team, leveraging design thinking, to develop iterative designs that meet the customer’s goals
- Work directly with web/software development engineering on design solutions that ensure consistency with design vision and an overall superior user experience
- Originate new concepts, strategies, or innovative approaches that support and enhance the experience integrity/excellence and overall customer experience
- Advocate and lead principled design and best practice standards across One Cineplex team and mentor junior designers
What You Need
- BA, MA or equivalent in Digital Media Design, Interaction Design
- 5-7 years working as a UX designer, Interaction designer or Information Architect
- Have been a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development cycle (online portfolio required)
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide clear design solutions
- Highly proficient in Mobile-Web app and/or Mobile App Design
Who You Are
- Sophisticated interaction design skills
- Extremely proficient in mobile first Web App, Mobile App Design, Lean UX + responsive Design principles
- Experience building personas and doing task analysis
- Experience with sitemap, user flow or journey map development.
- Strong knowledge and ability to uphold mobile design standards, including HIG and Material Design
- Strong working knowledge of graphic and web design principles, graphic formats, and current web technologies
- Advanced understanding of design software
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming and a comprehensive understanding of web application architectures
- Understands how to translate business requirements into deeper UX documentation
- Strong understanding of data-driven decision making and the tools used to gain insights in customer behavior
- Solid understanding of online marketing and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to understand customers from a user-centered design perspective, and articulate that to multiple internal audiences
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, written and oral presentation skills. Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency expected
What Sets You Apart
- Usability Testing Certification
- Design Thinking or Lean UX certification
- Film, video, and other motion graphics experience is a plus
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please